But this popped up on Nov 7th on my 'Facebook memories' that I found interesting. We have been dealing with this issue for years …. this post was 6 years ago!! He was 3.
I had taken Isaac to our Dr yesterday and while we were there, I told Maggie that we were going into night #2 with Elliot and croup and that night 3 is often when we end up in hospital. I had been armed with a puffer that I purchased in the spring at our last bout of croup for future emergencies. And one of the reasons I love my doctor is this; she looks at me and says "I know how far you are from the hospital and I know that you have enough experience with croup, so would you like me to prescribe you the pills that they would give him at the hospital for you to have on hand?" YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Its a steroid that opens up his bronchial tubes so he can breath!! And wouldn't you know it? Now that I have it, I hope that I won't need either of these … but oh the relief at having them at hand, I can't even describe!

