Friday, December 01, 2017

And we're off .... Huge day of travel ...

Going from this to that. Yes please!!
China eastern couldn't print out boarding passes for the second leg of the trip. So they tucked us in behind their desks while they figured it out. It was nice to be out of the crowds. 
China Eastern surprised us. Remote controls for video games/movies, ear buds, blankets, pillows .... 
And pretty decent meals and snack!! Yes, that's cheesecake and yes, we all opted out of the shrimp. 
We landed in Shanghai and everyone was exhausted. 
There were a few weird Asians who insisted on taking a picture with sleeping Elliot.  The green sweatered woman standing had just taken a few very close pics with him. I was not impressed since she was super rude when she saw Chris and Elliot taking up the whole bench to sleep. Overall, Shanghai airport was my worst cultural experience with Asians. They were rude to me, unhelpful with a very big issue I was having (left my iPad on the last plane so I needed to get it back and nobody was interested in helping. At all!) so Shanghai .... Thumbs down. 
 Arrived in Bangkok!!!!  Waited only a couple minutes outside until yaw and golf arrived!!
There is nothing sweeter than being caught by an old friend and his fiancĂ©e whom I've been talking to for months. She's been helping me plan the trip.  First stop was food at the airport food court. 
And next stop was a quick visit in their hotel room even though we were going to crash on the floor of the airport somewhere until our Chiang Mai flight.  Sweet golf ordered a birthday cake to the room while I was in the washroom!!
I ended up blowing out a candle!!
Love these two! They may come for Christmas as they both have no family around in Winnipeg for Christmas (Marg, we may have 2 more orphans this Christmas!)
After some cake fun, everyone (including yaw and golf), crashed for a couple hours.  Did I also mention they're on their honeymoon ?  Lol. Burdges crash the honeymooners. 
Shorts are on! And we're on our way to out final leg to Chiang Mai
Here is Elliot showing Golf that we are using their wedding guest gift - a beautiful leather snap that holds your cords together!  Brilliant and beautiful. It had their initials stamped on it 
Last flight!! 8am ..... The nap did us all good. 
That by the time we arrived at Junioer Tree, we were ready to swim. 
And sleep. 
He slept all day and all night .....