Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Day 6 - Exploring Old City

We enjoyed a complimentary ride into town this morning as everyone was asked to leave site since the fumigators were coming. As you can see, my kids are adjusting fine to the ways of Thailand. 
He's doing ok too.  He prefers these trucks to the tuk tuks where Elliot has to sit on his lap .....



We hit up a very cool temple this afternoon and I was so pleased with myself to have remembered my shawl, to cover my shoulders ... but as I approached the temple, these Thai ladies started yelling after me to cover my legs and quickly wrapped me up in this pretty (very hot!) garb.

The pictures don't really do it justice ... very grand...and gold.


THIS is what i was excited about.  I had read that morning another traveler writing about the temple but that the site to see was the ruins BEHIND the temple.  And had I not read that, I never would have seen it ... it's quite hidden from view.


MONK!!


More monks ... man those colors are so beautiful against the backdrop of Thailand ...

It was time for an iced coffee for me after temple time (I roasted in that wool skirt)....and somehow these children found slurpees in the middle of Thailand.

Next we headed to the museum that we stumbled onto on our way home ...

Tuk Tuk on the way home ... here is Elliot between Isaacs legs on the floor of the tuk tuk ...