Sunday, December 31, 2017

Mike and Susans visit 2017


Mike and Susan have come for visits between Christmas and New Years in the past and I was thrilled when they were willing to come again this year!  They are very nice company, sensitive to the fact that our family is pretty low key at the moment and have been taking random naps at weird hours of the day, have been watching a ton of movies, and just overall slothing around our house!!
 
We know from experience that Mike is a pro at making guacamole ... so he was on guacamole prep while Susan and I made the best black bean and chicken enchiladas.

Setting up for putting the wraps together!

Isaac showing Susan his current drawing creations ....

Pretty intense game of Quirkle ... Isaac won ;-)

1:48am .... It's a typical wake time around here.  I am not sure if it was this night, but Isaac was up watching shows and Chris was on the computer around this time ... (the nights are blending together), but early morning waking is pretty common around these parts lately ....

These 2 heading out on some errands in town .... both do not do well sitting around and reading and cooking like Susan and I .... we happily sent them on their way.

We all did various walks around when they were visiting ... here is Mike trying not to fall on the ice...

And here is a discovery that Susan and I made on our River walk ... I never noticed this one before and loved it ...lol

Walking and talking with this woman is so good for my soul ... she listens and is thoughtful with responses or stories that are similar that have lessons that can be learned from them ....

We decided to do a big Turkey dinner!!  And we used the instantpot!!! Here I am lowering our poor bird into certain pressurized death!

Turned out well!  The Turkey was moist and only took 45 minutes in the instantpot .... fresh cranberry sauce in the crockpot ... it was a great dinner after a really relaxing day.

He made a mention that his favorite pie was banana cream ... so voila!!  I made him one.

There were no staff around prior to the New Years party ... like NO staff ... so Susan and I went in and prepped the café to be ready for everyones arrival....

And then home to purge my bedroom ... I love that we do beneficial things that are not glamorous but super helpful in life .... it was a very sweet visit.