Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Day 20 - Exploring on the Scooter

We had a big day of exploring to make up for our chill day yesterday .... we drove to this national park that had beautiful boardwalks made of concrete with NO railings .... lots of mangroves and Chris and Isaac even saw monkeys!
\






I liked this sign because the Thai written language looks so beautiful but I have NO idea what any of it means ....


Look at the root systems on these mangroves....

Caught a moment of stillness with all these boys ... I love chris just rubbing elliots back as they look into the water ... he is such a good dad.

The water was beautiful ... the water was a mixture of salt and fresh meeting in these mangroves....

Sleeping Buddha as we drove home .... just popped up ... it's amazing what you see on the roads ....

We kept exploring after leaving the park .. and came across a part of Krabi where tour companies were bringing the tourists for kayak trips ... we didn't stay long as Chris and I were both starting to get headaches .... and we were all pretty hungry ... but this area was not touristy (even though tour buses were bringing tourists to this little stop).  Nobody seemed to speak English and all the road side stands looked super sketchy ....

We drove to a few different stops ... the one above had a dead kitten on the way to the edge of the pier ... we were able to steer Elliot away from seeing it ... Isaac was concerned that he would see it, it was sweet ...we all know how much Elliot loves cats ... and this kitten had kindof roasted in the sun so its tail was all gone down to bone, but it still looked very much like a sleeping kitten.

So we finally found a fruit stand and bought a coconut smoothie and a kilogram of mini oranges.  I didn't realize how far gone I was because as I am trying to eat, I am feeling like either throwing up or fainting .... 


We pretty much demolished the whole kilogram bag of oranges..... so, refreshed, back on the bikes ....

we saw the elephants and monkeys on the way back to the resort.  Funny how these amazing moments from a few days ago, seem so 'normal' to see now .... we didn't even stop to take pictures this time.  We stopped for dinner on the way home at this cute little place ..... the boys didn't love their spoons ....

Once home, time to swim because housekeeping was making up the beds and washing the floor....the boys were VERY put out that they had to stay outside to swim when they really just wanted to be inside ... I, on the other hand, was very excited for housekeeping!!



Especially when they surprise us with beautiful swans on the bed!!!  It has been such an amazing resort to stay at ......what is nice about staying in one place for the whole week is getting to know the various shop owners around the neighborhood ....
Evening drinks on the beach with sweetie.
Another beautiful day in paradise.