Saturday, December 02, 2017

Day 2 - (PM) Night Market with Rod and Anne

6:30 sharp, Rod and Anne arrived with their big silver Toyota van.  I wondered how they get around in these crazy narrow streets in that huge beast, but he is a good driver!  The have lived here for 6 years and feel comfortable in this city. They feel it isn't a big city .... Lots of history to it so it was fun to hear them talk about the different parts of the city. 

First stop, kids got cotton candy when I got too far ahead and dad said yes lol
Little cute owls everywhere. Lots offload craft ideas everywhere. 
He wants one of these hats before we head home. 
I need a good food tour to explain a lot of this food.  Cooking class and market tour is scheduled for Tuesday (hopefully we are all healthy by then!!)
Sweet little Elliot had his eye on this rooster from the very beginning of the market walk. Had we overshot this booth on the way out, I wouldn't have heard the end of it all month.  So that was his souvenir tonight. 
And Isaac chose an authentic ocarina that comes with sheet music and instructions. 
He was pretty pleased with his purchase. 350 baht - roughly $13 ....
Next the search was on for banana Roti - a banana crepe that I had seen as a Thai highlight on the street food scene!  Rod found the first one but according to him, she was quite slow, and there was a lineup so we walked away. As we were leaving, this woman was set up on the street and made the best tasting thing I'd eaten that day!!! Banana Roti!
Rod led us expertly through the busy streets back to the van .... What a fun night and felt so much nicer being there wit people who had been before. He and Anne were great hosts!!  Back at the tree house, the evening tradition of "Rhett and Link" episodes before bed continues.