Monday, December 18, 2017

Day 18 - Scooter trek to Ao Nang Beach

The Pelican resort is across the street from an amazing little beach that is littered with these adorable little restaurants along the water.  We have found a favorite and continue to come back to it when we are nearby for a meal.  
They have amazing mango smoothies ... and i always cut it with pineapple and strawberries ... but now that i am typing this, I wonder if the mango is where I am getting these 3 painful hives on my feet from?  I thought they were bug bites, but they do seem 'hivey' and i have never gotten them on my feet before, always my stomach or neck ... sigh ... perhaps i am still allergic lol.
Because my partner always says yes to pop ... these 2 seem to get a fanta every chance they get.  Soak it up boys, it all stops next week when I have access to the vitamix.
No Filter ... just a beautiful lunch on the beach ....
After lunch, we took the scooters and explored the area. Check out these wooden Arks!!
Elliot said he has ALWAYS wanted to touch a goat.  So .. we saw some baby ones on the side of the road this afternoon and pulled over to make his wish come true.  I kept envisioning this goat giving him either a donkey kick with its back legs, or a head butt to the gut, so I was quite happy to see the donkey let Elliot pat his bum with no other violent contact ;-) Elliot quickly and happily ran back to the scooter - check! check!  He continues to say that was one of his favorite accomplishments on this trip ....
The goal of the day was starbucks for Chris ... I think we drove almost 40 minutes ... but we finally got to Ao Nang Beach.  As you can see, these 3 amigos are getting all sugar soaked.
On the way to Ao Nang Beach, we were driving on a backroad when we came upon an elephant farm....they give shows and rides to tourists.  For months now, I had known that we wouldn't put any of our money to support captive elephants, especially the ones that give rides to tourists because I had read that it can hurt their back after so many years ... and I feel bad.  So, what a fun surprise to see them out on the field ....
and, unfortunatly, giving rides to tourists .... but they are so beautiful ....
Elliot and I  ..... having him on the back of my bike has honestly been one of the highlights for me ... he is chatty, asking what my favorite animal is, if i could have any super power, what would it be, and so on....and when he isn't chatty, his arms are tight around my waist and his head is up against my back .... it's a hug from a kid who doesn't really hug ... it's nice....
Isaac taking pictures of Chris taking pictures .... ;-)
While in Ao Nang, Chris splurged on 3 of these face masks that he has been wanting to buy for months .. but they are roughly $60-$99 from Amazon or dive shops .... so he bought knock offs for $30......They all seem to like them.....my mom would like them because there are no nibs in your mouth to bite off if you get nervous in the water lol.
Kids didn't want to go anywhere once we got home ... so Chris and I wandered back to our favorite beach restaurant for dinner .... I am smiling, but do you see that guy directly behind me on the left of the picture?  He was SO loud and obnoxious that I was dying to get our food and get out of there!  For some reason, his loud voice and annoying noises didn't bother Chris ....
We talked about alot of things that had to do with our upcoming year ... it is going to be interesting.