Saturday, December 02, 2017

Day 2 ....exploring the temples and waterfalls and night markets.

At breakfast, Chris and I wondered how we should spend the day. So I quickly texted a tour guide that I had seen a lot on the Thailand forum I have been on these last few months. She wrote back immediately and asked what we'd like to do. And I said, "well, hubby wants Starbucks, I'd like Phad Thai for lunch, We're still pretty jetlagged so we can't go far for too long but we're up for some fun". She gave us a couple options and we chose the mountainside temple and a waterfall and our driver would be there to get us just after breakfast. 

It was a nice gentleman named Mr Dew and we were off. Iced drinks for the ride and then we were off to head up the mountain that overlooked the city.  Elliot counted just over 270 steps. 
Couldn't decide. Liked both pics ....
Shoes had to be off, shoulders had to be covered.....




My official favorite shot of the day: Monk with iced coffee. 
Elliot counted roughly 270 steps up to the top!!

Heading back down .... I bought my first (and won't be my last), pair of Thai pants from a lovely old woman in the market on the way down the stairs. We also ordered fruit smoothies from the best fruit stand hat had a Vitamix. Man I miss my Vitamix!! We 3 are so sick right now and really need some good smoothies. 
Stop at the waterfall next. Very nice. I like Mr Dew following us around the various trails. He's a sweet man and made me feel quite safe. Chris however felt watched and hurried .... 
But the upside to Mr Dew is he was happy to take our picture!!!
He let us stop at a little hole in the wall where we picked up Phad Thai to take home. We were all really tired by then and ate in the dining hall back at the juniper tree and slept and rested for the rest of the afternoon. Needed energy for the night market with Anne and Rod.